The Cat S50 has been announced from the floor of IFA in Berlin, and it’s made to survive pretty much anything you through at it.
Cat’s rugged baby lacks sapphire glass display; it does rock a Gorilla Glass 3-protected screen that should be more than enough for most users.
Specs wise, here’s what the S50 is all about:
- 4.7-inch Shatter resistant Gorilla glass 3 screen (we assume it’s 720p HD)
- Mil Spec 810G and IP67-certified against dust and water, scratch resistant, wet-finger tracking
- 8-megapixel camera with flash and HD video recording support
- 4G LTE connectivity support
- 16 hours of talk-time
- 8GB of expandable storage (with microSD cards)
- Android 4.4 KitKat.
The phone comes pre-loaded with the Cat Phones App Store that counts over 1000 hand-picked apps. The curated collection — which includes both well known and widely used apps such as Skype and Endomondo to smaller niche but equally useful ones like CHECD — makes sure you can quickly find apps for your phone.