There have been a couple of reports about exploding Nokia handsets in West Bengal lately.
First was the explosion of Nokia 2100 using a BL-D 3 battery owned by Kishori Saha from Kolkata. The phone was put on charge and suddenly exploded, causing minor injuries to five-month pregnant Kishori.
The second incident happened in a mobile phone store, this time it was the Nokia 1100. It was using BL-5C battery, the highly explosive one, which the shop owner, Ajit Prasad, tried to replace before, but was said that nothing was wrong with it.
Both batteries were manufactured by Matsushita and are considered dangerous. Of course, maybe the problem is not in the batteries, but if reports continue, that would bring about a serious concern regarding overall quality of Nokia handsets.