Nokia today announced Nokia E51, a business device adding the Nokia Eseries portfolio, in London. Nokia E51 is the device featuring smartphone capabilities along with stylish design making Nokia E51 perfect for business professionals providing them with real-time access to business and people. Owners of Nokia E51 will have mobile email and messaging, office phone functionality, voice mailbox, one dial plan.
Antti Vasara, senior vice president, Mobile Devices Unit, Enterprise Solutions, Nokia announced "Business users increasingly need one device that they can count on to work productively and which offers them the level of efficiency. With the new Nokia E51 device, we are responding to this need with a business smartphone that combines the latest advances in business mobility and a classic, stainless steel design, at a price that makes it perfect for company-wide deployments."
Nokia E51 is equipped with personal applications as:
- FM radio, music and multimedia players
- 2 megapixel camera
- Nokia browser for Internet services with Windows Live (Hotmail, Messenger, Spaces)
- access to Yahoo Go! WidSets
Nokia E51 has:
- A home screen with user-selected icons
- One Touch keys with one-click access for email, contacts, calendar and the home screen
- Set-up wizards for setting up email accounts, configuring Internet calling and accessing wireless local area networks
- Integration with a wide range of business email solutions, including Nokia Intellisync Wireless Email and Mail for Exchange - Streamlined email reading
- Dedicated Email key, indicator light for new email, a preview window
Nokia E51 can integrate with corporate telephony systems (PBX) through Nokia Mobile Unified Communications solutions such as Nokia Intellisync Call Connect for Cisco and Nokia Intellisync Call Connect for Alcatel. Nokia E51 makes available Gizmo, a Voice over IP (VoIP) application Nokia Eseries users free of charge.
Nokia E51 will be available in 2007 for about 350 EUR.