Apple has released its latest iPhone firmware update v.1.1.1. As usual, the new version offers some additional features and tweaks, which are listed below. But be aware that installing it can render your handset unusable. There are many reports of unlocked iPhones refusing to read the AT&T SIM-cards after the update process has finished. Hacked handsets will be permanently blocked and you won't be able to use them. The hacking community is already working on a new patch for the handset, so, maybe it is worth to wait a little bit with updating?
Version 1.1.1, tweaks and changes:
- iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store;
- Louder speakerphone and receiver volume;
- Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls;
- Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space;
- Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape;
- Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered;
- Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar;
- Support for TV Out;
- Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally;
- New Passcode lock time intervals;
- Adjustable alert volume.