Nokia presents its two new flagship handsets for 2008, the N96 and N78. Both were showcased today at Mobile World Congress. The Nokia N96 is an update to the N95 model and is very similar outwardly to the N81. The N78 is a bar-style phone similar to the N73.
Common features include:
- Quad-band GSM/EDGE networks;
- QVGA display;
- Wi-Fi, GPS;
- N-Gage platform support;
- Stereo Bluetooth 2.0+EDR;
- microSD slot (up to 8GB);
- S60 3rd Edition with Feature Pack 2 OS;
- 3.5mm headset connector;
Nokia N96 features:
- Multimedia and function keys;
- DVB-H mobile TV;
- 2.8" screen;
- 5Mpix camera with auto-focus and Carl Zeiss lens;
- 16GB of standard memory;
- microSD slot;
- Support for European 3G networks.
It will be available in Q3 2008 for 550 Euros (about $800).
Nokia N78 features:
- 850/1900 HSDPA, supporting 3G networks in North America;
- 3.2Mpix camera with Carl Zeiss lens;
- FM radio/FM transmitter.
It will be released in Q2 2008 and will cost 350 Euros (about $500).