The new GSM communicator HTC P3470, also known as Pharos is the successor to the old P3300 model, which offers updated features at the same cost.
It will be available in early/mid May at a price of $550-600. The only downside is the lack of FM radio and, especially, Wi-Fi connectivity, which is a deal breaker for some people. Anyway, HTC P3470 is truly one of the best communicators to date, and is a perfect replacement for the P3300.
HTC P3470 Pharos Specifications:
- Type: communicator;
- Form-factor: candy bar;
- Materials used: plastic, soft-touch, metal;
- Operating system: Windows Mobile 6 Professional;
- CPU: TI’s OMAP 850 200 MHz;
- RAM: 128 Mb (~106 Mb available);
- ROM: 256 Mb (~140 Mb available;
- Connectivity: microSD (SDHC), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (A2DP), USB 1.1 for charging/synch/headset;
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900, GPRS/EDGE;
- GPS: SiRF Start III;
- Display: TFT 2.8" with a resolution of 320x240 pixels, shows up to 65K colors;
- Camera: 2Mpix, macro mode, self-portrait mirror, 176x144-pixel video recording;
- Battery: detachable 1100 mAh Li-Ion;
- Dimensions: 108 x 58.3 x 15.7 mm;
- Weight: 122 g (with battery).
In addition, I would like to mention Pharos's competitors: Mio A502, Glofiish X600, Gigabyte MW700, Asus P526.