Do you remember the UTStarcom Arc we wrote about last week?
Well, today we received an official press release confirming this phone.
A flip phone outlined with stylish curves, the Arc is finished in a trendsetting red soft-feel touch. This affordable mobile phone, which includes Bluetooth® wireless technology and a camera, brings another cost-effective and attractive product to Virgin Mobile USA’s lineup, offering its millions of customers yet another desirable handset available without an annual contract.
A recent survey of Virgin Mobile USA customers finds that two-thirds prefer simple phones that support basic needs, including calling, Bluetooth® wireless technology, e-mail and messaging capabilities.* The Arc was designed for consumers who want a phone for what it does best—making and receiving calls and instant messages.
According to Matias Monges, Virgin Mobile USA’s Director of Mobile Devices, “The Arc offers a very reasonably priced camera phone with a fashion-conscious finish for consumers who want to capture spontaneous moments with a little style. And with Bluetooth® wireless technology, we’re sweetening the deal with additional value.”
The ARC gives Virgin Mobile USA customers access to a variety of calling and messaging plans without annual contracts, including the recently introduced Totally Unlimited voice plan that provides unlimited calling for $79.99 without roaming charges, activation fees or a two-year commitment.
Here are a few more things ARC can brag about:
- Small and compact, this clamshell phone is 3.6” x 1.9” x 0.8”—the perfect size to slip into a bag or pocket, weighing in at only 3.0 oz. without causing any unsightly bulges!
- ARC is designed by UTStarcom, and priced at a reasonable $49.99, with a VGA camera, mobile web browsing, IM and e-mail.
- Preloaded games provide entertainment, while a range of animated and Real Music ringtones are there to amuse…or annoy.
- ARC also comes with the enhanced Virgin Mobile USA user interface for a slightly cooler look and feel than the average “lump of phone.”
- 210 minutes of talk time, 14.5 days of standby time, and room for 500 contacts make this the perfect phone for the socially connected.