LG Chocolate Launched on Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless today launched the LG Chocolate, an ultra-thin minimalist slider design with glowing red touch sensitive keypad.
In addition to its multimedia capabilities and styling, Verizon Wireless has included the features customers have come to expect including VCAST Video and 3D Games, a 1.3-megapixel camera, Bluetooth capabilities, a microSD memory expansion slot that supports the newest SanDisk 2 GB cards and access to VZ Navigator and turn-by-turn navigation with audible voice directions to most addresses in the U.S.
Chocolate is taking the global handset market by storm, selling more than 1 million units since its international launch outside Korea and has won two global design awards (the 2006 iF Design Award and Reddot Design Award for its unique styling and user interface).
Chocolate as offered by Verizon Wireless offers the following additional features:
- Music player with customizable audio effects and UI player themes (supports MP3 and WMA formats)
- Speaker for music
- Dedicated music key for easy access to playlists
- Multitask while playing music - send messages, browse the Web, change your phone settings and more
- My Music - All songs, manage playlists; songs are auto organized by artist, genre, album; manage your music settings
- Music only mode (RF off, except Bluetooth)
- Standalone mode (RF off, for use with wired headsets for listening to music) Set alarm using music
- microSD memory port - store music, customer generated pictures, video and sounds
- 1.3-megapixel camera and camcorder
- Resolution: 1280 x 960 px, 640 x 480 px, 320 x 240 px, 176 x 144 px, 160 x 120 px
- Record up to one hour of video
- Digital zoom: up to 2x
- Self-timer: three, five or ten seconds
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sound, color effects, night mode
- Mirror for self-portrait capability
- Video player
- Get It Now-capable - download games, ringtones, wallpapers and more
- Mobile Web 2.0-capable - customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Bluetooth Capable (v1.1) - compatible with devices that support the headset, hands-free, Serial Port (SPP), Dial Up - Networking (DUN), and Object Push (OPP) profile for vCard exchange
- Advanced audio Distribution Profile (for Bluetooth stereo headset support for listening to music)
- Save up to 20 Bluetooth pairings
- Speaker-independent voice recognition: call, send message to, go to, check, lookup, My Account
- TTY/TDD support
- Voice memo recording
- MP3 ringtone support
- 12 ringtones and vibrate and silent modes
- Ultra-thin, stylish slider design with unobtrusive internal antenna
- Red touch navigation keys (protected when inactive)
- Flash user interface themes for personalization
- Flash wallpapers with fun animations
- TXT, PIX and FLIX Messaging-enabled - send and receive messages with text, sounds and customer generated photos and videos
- Web-Based e-mail and instant messaging
- My Account - access balance, minutes, usage and payment info
- Personal Tools - calendar with scheduler, alarm clock, notepad, plus world clock, calculator and Ez tip calculator tools
- Speed dial with 98 entries and one voice mail default
- 500 contacts address book with five numbers, two e-mail addresses and a picture ID for each entry
- Technology: CDMA
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA (digital dual-band)
- Data transmission: high-speed EV-DO
- Dimensions: 3.80" h x 1.88" w x 0.69" d
- Weight: 3.53 oz.
- Displays: 262K-color TFT, 240 x 320 px, 11 lines
- Standard battery: 800 mAh Li-Ion polymer
- Usage time up to 3 hours 30 minutes, or standby time up to 16 days
VCAST Music customers can browse, preview, download and play high-quality digital music from their phones over Verizon Wireless' broadband network or in the Verizon Wireless VCAST Music online store. With more than 1.3 million songs to choose from, Verizon Wireless customers can download the songs they love most, accessing their music collection anywhere they go.
Chocolate by LG is available for $149.99 after a $50 instant online discount and new two-year customer agreement. It will also be available in more than 2,100 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores including those in Circuit City on August 7 for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and new two-year customer agreement.
There are no comments for this at the moment.
You may become the first
Cell Phone News
Latest Cell Phone Reviews
Cell phone articles