Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Nokia and Yahoo! extended their partnership to offer Yahoo! branded services including Yahoo! Mail and Messenger on Nokia's wide range of mobile phones operating on the Series 40 platform. Yahoo! services will initially be available on the newly announced Nokia 6300, the Nokia 5300 XpressMusic and the Nokia 5200. Moving forward these services and the ability to synchronise Yahoo! contacts, tasks and calendar on the PC and phone will be added to an even wider range of Nokia's Series 40 devices.
Series 40 is the software user interface that powers Nokia's broadest range of mobile devices. Intuitively easy-to use, the Series 40 platform enables a broad range of applications and features, including messaging, browsing, music and video standards as well as personal information management.
Nokia and Yahoo! have been working together since April 2005 to establish an optimal internet experience, including Search, for users on their mobile devices. As a result, millions of Nokia smartphone owners have been able to stay informed, entertained and in touch through Yahoo!'s rapidly developing Internet services. This agreement is a further expansion of a strong partnership between leading players in their respective domains - Yahoo! in internet services and Nokia in mobile devices
Yahoo! services for Nokia Series 40 mobile phones include:
* Yahoo! Mail -
- Have your familiar Yahoo mail on your Nokia device
- Easily manage messages through the phone's messaging inbox
- Store new messages locally on the device to allow for offline access
* Yahoo! Messenger -
- Send and receive messages and use emoticons on a mobile device just like on PC
- Set presence information to show your friends and family when you are available to chat, and view presence information to know when they are online too