Samsung today announced the SGH-Z560, the latest slim handset to support high-speed HSDPA connectivity for up to 1.8 Mbps data throughput.
With a depth of mere 16 mm, the handset includes advanced features such as a 2.0-megapixel camera with auto focus, external touch music keys, 30 MB of internal memory, and microSD external memory slot. While slim, the Z560 uses a large 2.3-inch QVGA 262K-color LCD to ensure a clear and sharp screen image.
HSDPA, a new form of mobile broadband, is capable of transmitting data at speeds up to seven times faster than that of WCDMA. Users can enjoy large-scale multimedia downloads, such as DVD-quality movies and interactive multimedia games, with high-speed wireless Internet access comparable to speeds of fixed-line ADSL services.
The Z560 has been launched in France and Germany and will be released in other European countries shortly.
Samsung SGH-Z560 Specification
- Standard: HSDPA 1.8Mbps, EDGE, 900/1800/1900 MHz + 2.1 GHz
- Camera: 2.0-Megapixel Camera with Auto Focus
- 2.3-inch 240 x 320 px 262K-Color TFT (Internal)
- 1.07-inch 96 x 96 px 65K-color TFT (External)
- Video Recording & Messaging (MPEG4 / H.263 / Real)
- Video Telephony & Streaming
- MP3 / AAC / AAC+ / eAAC+ / Real
- Dual Speaker / Digital Power Amp / External Touch Music Key
- Bluetooth Technology / USB / PictBridge
- Document Viewer
- 30 MB user memory & microSD slot
- Size: 97.3 x 51.3 x 16.3 mm
- Weight: 98 g