Here are some new iPhone OS 4.0 details, originally posted on Boy Genius Report:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide;
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking;
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient;
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited”;
- Apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications
More details are to follow in a week, if not earlier.