T-Mobile presents the new BlackBerry 8800 handset with a full QWERTY keyboard.
The BlackBerry 8800 operates on T-Mobile's EDGE network. It supports up to 10 work and personal email accounts (including the most popular ISP email accounts). The phone features a built-in multimedia player, full HTML web browser, Bluetooth 2.0 support for hands-free use, a microSD expandable memory slot for storage, and an integrated GPS.
The BlackBerry 8800 features:
- A large screen with 320 x 240 px color display
- Dimensions: 4.49 x 2.60 x 0.55 inches and 4.73 oz
- Expandable memory via microSD expansion slot
- Instant messaging clients: AOL, Yahoo! MSN and ICQ
- Multimedia player with music and audio capabilities
- HTML browser for visiting favorite web sites
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Intuitive user interface with an easy-to-use trackball
- Call management features such as smart dialing, conference calling, speed dialing, and call forwarding
- Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, speakerphone, and Bluetooth support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS (800/900/1800/1900) and EDGE network support for international roaming
- Support for polyphonic, MP3 and MIDI ringtones
- BlackBerry Internet Service - allows access to up to 10 personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server support - integrates with Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and Novell GroupWise environments and features a new set of IT policy controls for managing the handset's features and usage.