Verizon Wireless announced the availability of the Samsung A870, a new value-inspired camera phone designed with the mobile family in mind.
The A870 combines Samsung's popular clamshell design with a host of capabilities such as Bluetooth wireless technology, speakerphone, Location Based Services such as VZ Navigator, VoiceSignal's speech recognition, Web browsing and camera functionality. In addition, for those interested in gaming, the A870 comes with VibeTonz technology which will allow customers to download and feel the beat of games and ring tones.
Key features of the new Samsung A870 available through Verizon Wireless include:
- Tri-Mode, with CDMA dual band, tri-mode network access, digital and analog
- Get It Now -capable - download games, ring tones, wallpapers and more
- Mobile Web 2.0-capable - customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Bluetooth wireless technology support for certain profiles
- VibeTonz - a dynamic technology for ring tones that vibrate to the beat of the melody so users can truly feel the music and allows users to assign unique vibrations for caller identification and various types of messages
- VZ Navigator-capable - get audible turn by turn directions and location information from the phone
- Personal Organizer (Calendar, Alarm Clock, World Clock, Notepad and Calculator)
- Advanced Speech Recognition by VoiceSignal
- Dual displays: 128 x 160 px 65K-Color TFT; 96 x 96 px, 65K-Color STN
- Dimensions: 3.6" x 1.8" x 0.85" 3.4 ounces with standard battery
- Bilingual user interface: English and Spanish
- Talk time: up to 200 minutes of talk time or up to 170 hours of standby time