Samsung Epic 4G update to Froyo is available now for its users.
Here is the step-by-step manual update:
1. Download the Android 2.2 Froyo update file
2. If the file isn’t named “update.zip” already, do it now.
3. Put the file onto the root of your SD card
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Hold down Power, Volume down, and the Camera button at the same time.
6. Using the Volume down key, go to the “Apply sdcard: update.zip” and press Home to update.
7. Reboot your phone.
Now your device runs Android 2.2 Froyo