The red version of the Samsung UpStage
will appear on Monday. The Samsung UpStage is dual-sided handset combining a cell phone and a music player in a single device. This is the first phone of such kind in the U.S.
The Samsung UpStage
operates on Sprint Mobile Broadband network and provides easy access to Sprint's exclusive multimedia content, including Sprint Music Store. It is the first Sprint phone to offer the following features:
- Sprint Music Manager for copying unprotected songs from a PC to the handset via a USB cable. It is provided on an enclosed CD-ROM
- Advanced Stereo Bluetooth 2.0 with Bluetooth caller ID for identifying callers with a spoken voice while listening to music
- Multitask option for playing music in background mode while also using the phone for text messaging, playing games or browsing the Web.
Other features of the UpStage
- 1.3Mpix (photo/video) camera
- microSD card slot for memory expansion (supports up to 2GB)
- Easy-to-access key-guard switch to prevent accidental dialing
- Wireless Backup to restore contact information
- Dual battery provides up to 6.3/16 hours of talk time/music listening
- USB cable
- 3.5 mm adapter with microphone for standard earphones and accessories
- Dimensions: 4.07" x 1.73" x 0.37"
- Weight: 2.57 oz
The red version will be available on June 18 for $99 with a 2-year contract.