TeleNav GPS Navigator first generally available, location-based service (LBS) was launched by Cingular Wireless today. Cingular business devices offer its business and government customers turn-by-turn voice and onscreen GPS directions, as well as new GPS-enabled HP iPAQ hw6920 . Cingular-enabled TeleNav GPS Navigator allows customers to use their existing wireless devices for GPS navigation not purchasing in-car or portable GPS navigation systems for $9.99 per month.
TeleNav GPS Navigator features are:
- Voice and onscreen turn-by-turn directions - TeleNav GPS Navigator computes the route when you enter your destination. When driving you will be informed and automatically re-routed if you miss a turn, before beginning a journey you can also preview routes and specify preferences including highways and streets.
- Full-Color Moving Maps - See colorful maps of current GPS locations or any other address and pan and zoom the map to view the surrounding streets.
- Biz Finder - Find businesses such as ATMs, restaurants, hotels, gas stations navigating to them with the click of a button. Biz Finder also allows users to quickly look up and call the phone number for a business.
- Fuel Finder - Finds the lowest gas prices nearby.
- Spot Marker - Finds a car in a large parking lot or on an unfamiliar downtown street.
- Pedestrian Mode - Helps guide through long walks or through crowded downtown streets.
For non-GPS enabled wireless phones you will need a Bluetooth GPS receiver. At the moment Cingular is giving a free month trial of TeleNav GPS Navigator. The price of the subscription to the service is from $5.99 per month for up to 10 trips or $9.99 a month for unlimited trips it also comprises free, automatic and ongoing map and Point of Interest (POI) content updates.