The new Garmin-Asus nuvifone A50 is the first phone in the series to be running Android. The manufacturers claim that the A50 brings "more location technology than any other smartphone" with a multitude of location-aware apps and a highly sensitive GPS receiver.
- Android 1.6 OS;
- 3.5" HVGA 480x320 capacitive touchscreen;
- Custom finger-friendly UI;
- 4GB of internal storage;
- microSD expansion;
- Garmin turn-by-turn navigation;
- Qualcomm's gpsOne platform for SatNav;
- On-device sync with Microsoft Exchange server;
- Google voice, Maps with Street View, Gmail, YouTube, and Android Market;
- 3Mpix autofocus camera with geo-tagging
The A50 will launch in Europe in the first half of 2010 though pricing has not been announced.